Get Your Free People Search Engine - Earn Income From 12 Streams

Friday, February 11, 2011

Reality Check - Content Creation - Outsourcing to USA

When you are a start up and trying to do multiple things you are also watching the money draining out of your pocket. I decided that I will create the company website. Spent some time and had a basic website up and running as everyone you talk to, will say, what is your website, can I see? We had put together some sparse content in a hurry and launched the site.

A few months passed by and I realized that we need to revamp our website. Spoke to quite a few local companies (here in India) and it took some time to realize that all these are going to be expensive (well, at least for me) and something that I cannot afford at that point of time.

Someone would say, a design would cost you 1000$ to 1500$, then content would cost you 50$ a page so on so forth. Our website of some 20 pages would cost me around 4000-5000$. I said thank you but no thank you.

We now have a redesign of the website done at about 500$. All the 20 pages of content I got it done for about $250 and may be another 100$ for images/flash .....

I could do that by outsourcing my content writing to writers in USA.

Is there a message here? Yes, my fellow IT services and consulting companies, stop being greedy, start being realistic and focus on providing good services at affordable costs to customers.

2 comments:

  1. Nice tip, I do work everyday on this everyday and there's a lack of information by certains. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can use freelancer.com, textbroker.com elance.com - good, genuine, down to earth people who will do quality work.

    Regards

    Srinath

    ReplyDelete