Get Your Free People Search Engine - Earn Income From 12 Streams

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Customer Service - Interactive Voice Response Systems

With the advent of technology, we have this IVRS contraptions which are a real pain in the #$% for customers.

Here is a scene,

1. You dial an IVR number.
2. You get a response - Please select the language 1 for English, 2 for Hindi, 3 for .........
3. There, I chose 1.
4. Next response - if you are customer press 1, if you would like to know about our services press 2, if you want to speak to our operator, press 0 to close the call whatever
5. I select 1
6. Next response - please enter your account number
7. I painstakingly enter the account number
8. System says - you have entered the wrong number, please try again. I just can't believe it - I am 100% sure I entered it right!
9. Ok, I double check and re enter the account number again.
10. Still it says wrong.
11. Enter again.
12. Finally the account number is accepted
13. Next response - Please enter your pin number
14. Needless to say, this again goes through couple of cycles
15. Next response - if you want to know your current balance/usage details, press 1, if you want to enquire about our other value added services press 2, at any time to go back to the previous menu, press 0 or if you would like to speak to an operator press 9
16. By now, my patience is thinning out and have had enough of talking to the machine, I choose that I would like to speak to an operator and pressed 9.
17. Next response - We value as our esteemed customer, all our customer service personnel are busy, please wait you are in the queue and you will be serviced in the order of the queue, or you can disconnect and call after sometime.
18. Come on, I have already spent considerable time, let me just wait for sometime.
19 Some stupid background music or some ad about their new service or some sort of junk is playing in the background.
20 I keep waiting, fidgeting.......
21. The last straw - The call just gets cut!

Now, do I want to go back through all that @#$% again?

1 comment: