Get Your Free People Search Engine - Earn Income From 12 Streams

Friday, October 29, 2010

Edakkal Caves - Near Sulthan Bathery, Wayanad District, Kerala

I had to drive down from Bangalore to Sultan Bathery for a meeting with my business associates who were driving down from Trivandrum. I happened to reach around 8:30AM in the morning and the guys called me and said it will take a couple of hours for them as they were still at Calicut (Kozhikode). They suggested that may be I do a bit of sight seeing and suggested Edakkal Caves which is just about 10-12KM from Sultan Bathery.

Edakkal caves have sketchings dating back to 4000 BC. Technically, they call it as "Petroglyphs". Here are some pictures for you. Pictures say what thousand words can't say! I am not that expressive, anyway :)

This is supposed to be litter free area. But, I found quite few people throwing plastic bottles, covers and shouting at the top of their voices within the caves. When will people learn?









This is me! Tired, drenched in sweat (though it was a really cool place!) after climbing all the way up! I must have lost couple of kilos, thanks to the exercise!




Here are some pictures that I have taken from Bandipur National Park. These are wild animals not the ones in Zoo! I came across this a lone tusker right in the middle of the road! Then, see the smart herd of deer which are grazing by the road side, protected from predators, safe and still at a safe distance from humans.









1 comment: