Get Your Free People Search Engine - Earn Income From 12 Streams

Friday, March 26, 2010

Off Subject: Bangalore City Corporation Elections: Usage of Technology

Technology has had some real innovations by the politicians here.

I don't know how much of SMS (short message services are used across US and Europe. In India it is a big hit from college going students, sales & marketing companies, banks, insurance companies, event managers...... the list is endless.
College students chit chat on the mobile via SMS.
Sales and marketing companies promote products via SMS.
Banks send you updates on your credit card usage, bank balances via SMS.
Insurance companies inform you when your next premium is due.
Hotels and Restaurants woo you with their speciality cuisine.
Event managers let you know what they are up to.
Politicians request you to vote for them via SMS.

Well, I am not much surprised by these. What did really surprise me was the voice message by a politician yesterday. I got a call on my mobile and now that I am building my services business, I did take the call even though I did not recognize the number. Here was a candidate in her own voice making a request to vote for her and explaining to me what all good will happen to me if I vote for her! Now that is certainly one step ahead of rest of the candidates!!

Technology is taking us places!


Srinath

3 comments:

  1. Nice blog. Great layout and cool color. Liked the article about Bengaluru. I am from Bengaluru (actually from Bangalore) but presently staying in Toronto, Canada.

    Nice to see and hear Bengaluru is getting advanced and people are embracing technology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I just love list like this. Some of these I have saved as a favorite but you just can beat a list that includes a little of everything kinda like a one stop resources page.

    Thanks for putting this together!
    http://www.airia.co.in/

    ReplyDelete